Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Post ASTE 2010

Alright now that I have overloaded on Tech, I need to do something with it. I mean it is one thing to see the new technology but another to actually use it. So for you that are following my experiences, please guide me if you see me heading for a pitfall and for those of you going through the same experiences please let me know you are there, and for those who learn something, please pass it on.

The main thing I will be doing this week is getting caught up on all the work orders that have piled up with both Greg and I being gone. After I get caught up I want to compile what I learned and present it to both Bill and Bernie (my bosses) and let them know what I have learned and what I would like to pass on to teachers.

The one thing I have learned from ASTE this year is how far behind I am in using Social Networking. My Principal has been pushing PLC (Personal Learning Communities) but I really think he should be pushing is Personal Learning Networks with Social programs like Twitter. I haven't attended ASTE in about 5 years, so I wasn't bored and learned a lot, thank you to any presenters who read this.

Question to the Audience: What is the best way to find people to follow and to gain followers in Twitter? What I am looking for is personal experiences of things that work and pitfalls to avoid.

Goals for this blog: I want to post to this blog at least 3 times a week. I will probably post more than that to start, but eventually I will shoot for 3 times a week.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for jumping right in on blogging and continuing the conversation of what we all experienced at ASTE. I keep going back to something that Skip said, try it out actively for a month before making a decision to drop it. I often am not patient enough to spend that long on something but I think he is right that you have to give it time. You might find that it doesn't work for you at the moment but it might in the future.

    I think to find people to follow on twitter you have to be nosy. Usually you start with a group that you already have a relationship with. From there I usually look to see who they are talking to. I then look back at the tweets that these unknowns have submitted and can quickly make a judgement on whether or not they have anything interesting to say. I also don't have a problem with breaking ties and unfollowing people are wasting my time.

    Getting people to follow you is a little harder-if you follow the examples set by those that you find interesting you will find a community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi for responding, I will start looking for interesting groups to follow.

    ReplyDelete